SCM

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Learning clinical skills in progress...Suturing, nebuliser, inhaler use and ear syringing

Today is my first clinical skill session.
We learnt a bit on how to use nebuliser, inhaler, ear syringe as well as simple interrupted suture technique.
Dr HLC demo to us how to do the ear syringe. My mind started to reflect back to my experience when I was a kid. I got partially deaf and I thought that was the end of it. I was too dumb to realise that it was due to extra earwax blockage.
We also learn to assemble the nebuliser and inhaler. We were taught of skills to sterilise everything as well as way to explain to patients on their disease.
The last part was actually the best part.
 We were taught to do suturing and I remember I always want to do that. Maybe I watched too much drama especially the recent korean drama on " blood"
With the forcep and the needle holder, we " struggled" to come out with the best product with less damage to the skin...😂lol
Well, Dr Khoo made a few sampling on suture. It was really nice and his secret is " practise make perfect" lol
Hre is the product of my suturing




No comments:

Post a Comment