SCM

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

16/1/27- First day of orientation



We woke up 7am, formal attire on ( too formal i guess). A lot of people already there and i am still so new to the place.
I met Esther at the entrance, even before i entered the area where almost everyone gathered.
She straight entered the room, the lady gave us a file and pointed us to the photo taking area. Surprisingly, I am the first...lol.
We got everything settled real soon.
Then, we got the third row seat in lecture hall in third floor. Seeing some new faces from RCSI. I really do like the feel...
My ex housemates and ex ex roomate all came and sitting right next to me.. Looking more energetic than the day before...she is "ambivert"- lol
Janice gave a brief intro and Prof Richard, head department of med, came in for the first talk.
He talked about the importance to have more practise with the patients is what make us excel. I will bear that in mind.
Then,Prof Premnath, head department of surgery came in for the second talk, with his "aggressive face"-haha, jkjk
He talked without slides. Basically, he didnt really talked bout anything other than a phrase i cannot forget.. Medicine. Is your next life... I suppose... We, have more responsible than just a student now.. I know that...
The third speaker is Prof Krisnan, head department of family med. He seemed to.be a friendly guy... At least i thought so far.
 Jac Ho, Prof of paediatric, told us paediatric is like a combo of noth surgery and med. My sister told me it is one of the easiest posting she felt.. I hope so

Then, followed by talk on public heath, obstetrics and gynaecology and psychiatry. 
Prof Finian told us how important it is to have human element while treating patients.
The public health is nothing but the development of healthcare in Malaysia now.
We got a break and we went out for Penang Asam Laksa!!!!
The talk after was all about stress management.. At least i learn that we always have to aware of what our mind is thinking...
I was so tired back home.. I guess i slept fpr quite some time.
Ben came then, i chatted with her till 11sth.
I read a bit on uptodate med news.. Realise it is really interesting.. I bet i eill keep reading.

*ps- thought of the night- there are some memories that you can hardly erase because it is deeply connected to your emotion...
Nitezzz
Hall full of med students😜
PMC - medicine gonna be my next life!


No comments:

Post a Comment