SCM

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

My winged scapula diary

A month ago, I realised I had developed winged scapula, on my right side. It wasn't really a traumatised news. I been noticed the weakness on my left arms for some time, perhaps 2 months. I first thought of strain, perhaps I been carrying too much weight for the past 2 months. It was beyond my capability and I knew it, my backpacks was pulling me down and into the sands. Probably up to 20 -25kg carrying all the supply needed to survive in the jungle for 3 weeks, with the tops, my hammocks, tins, and food needed for all meal, utensil for cooking, the woks, spades and etc...
Occasionally I had to walk like an old lady, bend to 90 degrees just to carry the backpacks up, coz I felt hard to breath, but this is part of the training. I could ask for help, for sure but my dignity stopped me from doing so. I wanted to prove I am small but I am not weak. I fall multiple times and perhaps that was those one time I injure my nerve and prolly the thoracic nerve that innervate my serratus anterior. I realised weakness everytime I tried to life my arm but didnt notice my scapula was out of shape until I finally get out of the jungle.

Currently doing my physio and praying that it is not muscle tear or severe nerve injury. Not much improvement even it was already a month go. But still I am trying. It was not easy but I need to have faith...


No comments:

Post a Comment